Flexible Term Health Insurance (also known as Short Term) is designed to be an affordable medical policy which can last from 30 days to 364 days. These plans are designed to protect you in the event of an unexpected illness or injury. Coverage can be extended for up to 36 months*, and is designed to be used to bridge gaps in coverage or as primary coverage for an extended time. Where applicable, family members may be added to plans. See below for product availability.
Flexible plan highlights:
- Typically lower in cost than traditional individual major medical plans
- Qualification for coverage consists of only a few questions
- Next day coverage available if approved
- Select a specific number of days for coverage or choose a monthly plan option
- Many plan designs available (select your deductible and coinsurance options)
- Freedom to choose any provider (any doctor, hospital, specialty)
These plans are great for those who are:
- Self-employed or small business owners
- Without insurance and need coverage quickly, or waiting for other coverage to be approved
- Waiting for Open Enrollment to begin
- Between jobs or laid off, or in need of alternatives to COBRA continuation
- Recent college graduates
- Temporary or seasonal employees
Eligibility and Availability:
- Flexible Term Health Insurance is currently available in AL, AZ, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, MO, ND, NE, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, WV, WI, WY.
- All active NAR members and REALTOR® Association staff with NRDS IDs in the states above are eligible to apply for coverage
- Immediate family members (lawful spouse and/or children) may be added to a member’s plan
*Terms, conditions, and limitations apply based on state insurance laws, individual eligibility, and age requirements.