Benefits and Highlights:
Accident Deductible Protection is a supplementary health plan that helps pay for out-of-pocket medical expenses incurred through an accident. It’s designed to supplement major medical insurance plans that have high out-of-pocket costs and deductibles.
- NAR members* receive exclusive group discounted rates
- A selection of Excess Accident Medical Expense Benefits with maximum benefit amounts ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 with $100 or $250 deductibles
- Individual and Family coverage available* to NAR members under the age of 65
- Freedom to choose any provider
- Complimentary bonus benefit: Members TeleHealth
Accident Deductible Protection in Action
You could be walking your dog when you step on a patch of ice. The next thing you know you could be lying on your back with throbbing pain in your head. After a visit to the emergency room and a battery of tests, you could be told you have several head contusions and a minor concussion. This simple accident could leave you with $2,263 of expenses, just shy of the $2,500 deductible on your major medical plan. Thanks to Accident Deductible Protection, your only out-of-pocket expense would be the $100 deductible.**
Bonus Benefit – Accident Deductible Protection includes Members TeleHealth
Members TeleHealth*** plans are through MDLIVE, a leading telehealth provider. MDLIVE provides access to a network of U.S. Board Certified physicians who can prescribe or refill prescriptions, by telephone, smartphone app, web chat, and/or email. TeleHealth is a convenient way to address non-emergency medical issues with unlimited visits and no co-pay.
✓ 24/7 access to U.S. Board Certified doctors & pediatricians via phone, email, or secure video
✓ Mobile App for easier doctor visits on the go
✓ U.S. Board Certified doctors available through this service have an average of 15 years experience
* Based on eligibility (age, active NAR membership, and state availability). Accident Deductible Protection is currently not available in CO, ME, MD, MT, MO, NH, NY, NC, OR, UT, WA, Guam, Puerto Rico or USVI.
** While this is an example of a recent claim payout, reimbursement is subject to the state availability, terms, conditions and benefit levels of your plan. Payouts may vary by state. Identifying information has been changed.
*** TELEHEALTH IS NOT INSURANCE. Members TeleHealth is not available in AR, Guam, Puerto Rico or USVI.