Benefits and Highlights:
Members Accident Protection is a supplementary health plan that helps pay for out-of-pocket medical expenses incurred through an accident. It’s designed to supplement major medical insurance plans that have high out-of-pocket costs and deductibles.
- NAR members* receive exclusive group discounted rates
- A selection of Excess Accident Medical Expense Benefits with maximum benefit amounts ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 with $100 or $250 deductibles
- Individual and Family coverage available* to NAR members under the age of 65
- Freedom to choose any provider
- Complimentary bonus benefit: Members TeleHealth
Members Accident Protection in Action
For example, Jenny purchases a $7,000 deductible Bronze QHP, costing $352 each month, and pairs it with her Members Accident Protection plan with $10,000 of benefits for $44.46 each month ($396.46 total each month for the two plans). Jenny is saving $76.54 each month ($918.48 each year) instead of selecting a Silver QHP with a $3,500 deductible**. Members Accident Protection plan helps meet Jenny’s high deductible should she happen to have an accidental injury.
Bonus Benefit – Members Accident Protection includes Members TeleHealth
Members TeleHealth*** plans are through MDLIVE, a leading telehealth provider. MDLIVE provides access to a network of U.S. Board Certified physicians who can prescribe or refill prescriptions, by telephone, smartphone app, web chat, and/or email. TeleHealth is a convenient way to address non-emergency medical issues with unlimited visits and no co-pay.
✓ 24/7 access to U.S. Board Certified doctors & pediatricians via phone, email, or secure video
✓ Mobile App for easier doctor visits on the go
✓ U.S. Board Certified doctors available through this service have an average of 15 years experience
* Based on eligibility (age, active NAR membership, and state availability). Accident Protection is currently not available in CO, ME, MD, MT, MO, NH, NY, NC, OR, UT, WA, Guam, Puerto Rico or USVI.
** Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Blue Choice Preferred Silver PPO 109 plan and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Blue Choice Preferred Bronze PPO 108 plan quotes completed 11-2016, female aged 35 years, zip code 60516. There are differences in how insurance plans split costs. Bronze level plans cover 60%, while you pay 40%; Silver level plans cover 70%, while you pay 30%. Coverage percentages shown are estimated averages from Healthcare.gov for a typical population.
While this is an example of a claim payout, reimbursement is subject to the state availability, terms, conditions and benefit levels of your plan. Payouts may vary by state. Identifying information has been changed.
*** TELEHEALTH IS NOT INSURANCE. Members TeleHealth is not available in AR